Sunday, March 8, 2009

Orlando Guild Articulate - Session on Stories and SBL

March 9-10, 2009, I will present on Stories and SBLs - how to engage eLearners.

My presentation starts with the story of "Pursuit of Happines" as a stage to show the elements of stories and how they engage learners.

Then I share on how to build scenarios by "embedding learning goals and learning themes in stories."

I then debunk the myth that "learners must get direct feedback in SBLs so they don't miss learning points." This myth is so unnatural in stories and SBLs and kills the story and the SBL itself. As a natural consequence of a good story, learners will learn when they make an error or succeed in their decision.

This will be fun!

Ray Jimenez, PhD
3-Minuet e-Learning
Scenario-Based Learning (SBL)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome! Sharing your comments is very valuable learning experience for me and others. Thanks!