Thursday, May 7, 2009

A story that comes from the heart – Manny Pacquiao

Manny “Pacman” Pacquiao knocked out Ricky Hatton in round 2 last May 2, 2009 at MGM Las Vegas. 12,000 Brits travelled to Las Vegas and got disappointed.
http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-dwyre3-2009may03,0,1983219.column


A week before the fight, my family visited Manny at his residence in Los Angeles. I have followed Manny’s career. Admittedly I am not a sports fanatic, but Manny has shared so much of himself to fellow Filipinos and his story interests me. He has influenced the lives of millions of people.

That evening, I learned one of Manny’s philosophies in life.

“Don’t talk to your God and say I have a big Problem. Instead, tell your problem, that I have a great God.”

With crooked English, he says this praise from the heart, simple and true. And this is why he moves me and many others.

I interviewed Manny’s first manager during the early years of his boxing career. I asked him:

“What makes Manny a success?”

“He consistently shows up. He was not even in the first line of my best boxers, but because he was consistent, he was learning and had opportunities”, the manager said.

In the greatness of one person, like Manny, we can see ourselves. Many is a mirror that helps us reflect our own lives.



Ray Jimenez, PhD
http://www.vignettestraining.com/
http://www.trainingpayback.com/

"Helping Learners Learn Their Way" "Helping Learners Apply Learning"

1 comment:

  1. Great story, Ray! Thanks for posting. I am a fight fan and always love the stories of discipline, perseverance and more that combat sports so easily provides.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome! Sharing your comments is very valuable learning experience for me and others. Thanks!