This interactive presentation is a prelude to more upcoming tips to help you gain a fuller perspective and understanding of how interactivity impacts your course development and design.
Click here to preview and study how interactivity can enliven your design.
Important points to ponder:
1. Ideas are only as good as you are able to use them in actual applications.
2. Be inspired by Thinkers and Experts in the elearning environment. Understand
their perspective and how it can apply to you.
3. Make it your goal to let learners "experience the content."
4. Effect change and learning through the rearrangement of the "cognitive maps"
in the learner's mind.
5. Understand the 3 forms of Interactivity: people, content and systems.
6. Learners behave differently depending on where they are in the organization,
hence, they differ in their thought processes.
7. Combining elearning trends could be key to the success in your interactive approach.
8. The choice of approach is impacted by several factors. Learn them and decide.
The roles of designers and trainers change based on the approach chosen.
Reflect on which one works for you, your learners and your organization.
It is never safe to assume we know all there is need to know. Keeping an open mind and a willingness to learn and grow is key.
Ray Jimenez, PhD
"Helping Learners Learn Their Way"http://storytakes.com/output/4585/1327/index.html